Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Decline in church growth?

Been reading this article and found the following paragraph quite interesting:
In other words, although the outspoken atheists and cultured despisers of Christianity may seem very prominent to us, this may well be because they are over-represented among the media gatekeepers and opinionisers. The population as a whole is not nearly as hostile to Christianity or to churchgoing as we think.
 Thinking about my own experience I can see this to be true. I have been attending a pottery class and one girl in particular is not a Christian but is very happy to ask me about what I do during my week and about church and Christianity.

Have a go. Talk to some people. They may not be as hostile towards Christianity as you might think.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so cool that you've been going to pottery class!

Caroline said...

it is also cool to be reminded that not every non-Christian is hostile to Christianity